1. Our Commitment to Data Privacy
2. Who is adMarketplace?
adMarketplace is a provider of Services that enable our Customers to reach consumers as they search for, or indicate intent to learn more about or engage with, our Customers’ products or services. Our Services do not use Personal Information to track, target, or otherwise profile consumers across unrelated websites, apps, devices, platforms or properties (collectively referred to herein as ‘Sites’). Personal Information (also referred to as Personal Data) means any information related to an identifiable person and includes IP addresses, cookie identifiers and device identifiers.
(Personal Information is distinct from Personally Identifiable Information (PII) which is information that on its own is able to identify, contact, or locate an individual. An example of PII is an individual’s email address. adMarketplace Services do not collect, process, or use PII).
The corporate entity that decides how and for what purpose we process information (the legal basis for processing) is:
19th Floor New York, NY 10018 USA
Tel. +1 212 925 2022
3. Purposes of and Legal Bases for Processing of Personal Information
We process Personal Information as set out below:
- If you are an internet user visiting one of our Customer’s Sites: On behalf of our Customer, we may process Personal Information in order to deliver ads to the Site you visit. To illustrate, our technology shows ads in the following ways:
- Pre-search: we show tiles (display ads) for different trusted brands who are our Customers, below the search box
- During search: while a search request is being typed, we may show links that allow you to directly navigate to the brand Site(s) and "skip" having to go to a search engine results page
- Post-search: we may include links to brand Sites within search results
- Native Search: we may include links to brand Sites within editorial, informational or consumer-generated content
- Push Notifications: if you have expressly opted-in, we may show notifications from brands at a specific time of day to your desktop, mobile or other device
- Auto-complete Search: we may provide auto-complete feature and/or redirect your mistyped or misspelled brand searches to the actual brand domain you may have intended to type, and thus bypass parked pages
- We process Personal Information collected from our Customer’s Sites on their behalf to deliver Services. Our basis for processing when you visit Customer Sites is as follows:
- For display of advertising: we are a processor or service provider to the Publisher who has legitimate interest or obtained consent from you when you visited their Site, to display advertising
- When a consumer clicks on an ad (creative) displayed on the site of our publisher customer, we may operate as processor or service provider to the advertiser whose ad (creative) the consumer chose to click
- For security and fraud prevention
- If you are a visitor to our Site (admarketplace.com):any processing of Personal Information is as follows:
- To process the information voluntarily shared with us when you contact us (with inquiries, for example), and
- For operational purposes (relating to your device type, for example), to enable, improve, or otherwise manage the delivery of content on our Sites
4. What Personal Information do we Collect for our Services?
- Search or Ad Display information
We receive and analyze non-Personal Information such as search terms (keywords) entered into a search box.We may also receive information such as approximate geographical location, browser type, device language setting, device type, device ID, timestamp, cookie ID and IP addresses. As well, we may receive information from Customer Sites regarding ads that were viewed or clicked on that led to a purchase.
As with any information we collect or process, we do not use IP addresses, cookies, or information from pixels to track, target, or otherwise profile consumers across websites, apps, devices, platforms, or properties.
- adMarketplace Website
On our own "contact us" pages, fields are provided so that customers or others interested in our Services can input contact details. We collect this information so that we can respond to the information sent to us.In order to maintain and manage our website, we record information such as IP addresses, page views and clicks, and cookies for gathering website statistics.
adMarketplace applies commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect information from unauthorized access, corruption or loss. These include storing information in databases which are protected by security measures such as password protection and encryption using Transport Layer Security technology (TLS). However, no system can be completely secure, and we make no guarantees as to security of information transmitted through our Services or our own website (adMarketplace.com)
6. Third Parties
We may use processors or service providers for our business purposes (e.g. for storage or fraud detection); when we do so, we obligate these services to comply with our Security policy requirements and the Privacy Shield Principles for onward data transfers, including obligations to provide the same level of protection that we afford for transferred data.
We may also disclose Personal Information, where we believe this to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable local, national, or international laws; and (b) to comply with legal processes.
The adMarketplace website may contain links to third party websites, please be aware that we do not endorse and are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. If you follow a link to those websites, you should read their privacy notice and terms and conditions to discern their practices.
7. International Data Transfers
adMarketplace stores and processes information in the USA including Personal Information of consumers from EEA and the United Kingdom (“Europe Data”). In regard to such information, adMarketplace adheres to the EU/UK- US Privacy Shield Framework and its principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement and liability. For the purposes of compliance with the Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
When we process Europe Data outside the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, as applicable, we ensure such Europe Data is processed with appropriate transfer mechanisms in place. For example, we apply Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission or other responsible supervisory authorities, and data minimization or anonymization mechanisms.
adMarketplace does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 13 or below the age of consent in a relevant geography. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at email@example.com
9. Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information for only as long as necessary for the business purpose of the processing. Personal Information collected by our Services is retained for sixty-one days in the normal course. Aggregated and anonymized may be retained for a longer period for statistical purposes and for reporting to and billing our customers.
10. GDPR Rights
In regard to Europe Data, data subjects have certain rights which may include the following:
- request access
- request rectification of incorrect data
- ask for it to be erased (the "right to be forgotten")
- object to its processing
- request a copy to take to another service provider ("data portability").
For Personal Information collected via our Services, you should contact the relevant Customer (Site publisher or advertiser) that is the business controlling or controller of such information.
In regard to Personal Information collected from our own website (adMarketplace.com), you can withdraw your consent by contacting us. In regard to Europe Data, you may also contact our DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
11. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, adMarketplace commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU or UK individuals with questions concerning our Privacy Shield policy may directed them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve the issue, then, you may submit your complaint to JAMS using this link:
https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. JAMS is adMarketplace’s designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider. Under certain conditions specified by the applicable Privacy Shield Principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint.
12. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
California (US) resident have certain rights under the CCPA:
Your rights under the CCPA can broadly be divided into the following categories: (1) right to notice, (2) right to access, (3) right to opt-out (or right to opt-in), (4) right to request deletion, and (5) right to equal services and prices. Businesses or others who sell Personal Information under CCPA are obligation to afford these rights to relevant consumers.
adMarketplace is a service provider (not a business) as defined by CCPA. Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.